We plan for in-person worship with your safety in mind.
To allow for proper cleaning and crowd control, we offer three services:
- 8 AM Traditional
- 10 AM Contemporary
- 11:30 AM Contemporary
Health and Safety Guidelines
- Hand sanitizer stations will be at all entrances.
- Masks are not required, but encouraged. Disposable masks are available for those who would like them.
- Cleaning of bathrooms, surfaces and worship spaces will occur before and after each service.
- Be mindful of distancing between families.
- Limited physical contact is encouraged - avoid handshakes and hugs.
- Tithes and offerings may be dropped in the dropbox. Online giving is encouraged.
- Bibles and hymnals will not be provided, but you are encouraged to bring your own. Lyrics will be on-screen.
- Individually packaged communion elements will be handed out as you enter (when applicable.)
- Will I be required to wear a mask?
No. We encourage you to take measures for the safety of your family and those around you in the way you feel is best. Masks will still be available at the door should you decide you'd like to wear one and don't have one on hand.
- Will physical distancing be practiced in the Sanctuary?
The Sanctuary will be fully open and available, however, we ask that you please be mindful of distancing between family groups. Should you need assistance finding a seat, ushers will be available to you.
- What measures are being taken to limit person-to-person contact?
In order to give you a minimal-touch experience, we encourage you to give or tithe online, by mail or by using the dropbox as you enter. All of our upcoming events and other information will be available online and on the Killearn UMC App, and we encourage you to sign up for Killearn UMC eNews. All Scriptures and lyrics will be displayed on-screen, and we invite you to bring your own Bible with you to service.
- What are the guidelines for Killearn Kids programs?
As of May 13, 2021:
Killearn Kids programming is available for children 3 years old through 6th grade at the 10 AM service and 3 years old through 4th grade at 11:30 AM. Nursery is available for children ages 6 weeks - 2 years. Children and youth are also welcome to attend worship in the Sanctuary with their families.
We want to clearly communicate with our families that Killearn Kids Ministries will NOT be changing any of the COVID safety guidelines we put into place last fall. We want to help you get through this school year as safely as possible. We will still do temperature screenings and require masks for all children 1st grade and older for entry into the Wesley Children’s Building and for the preteens attending The Bridge in the Bethune Building. It will also include our preschool, Kids Camp, Celebration Place, and all other children’s activities. We will continue to monitor the situation with COVID and adapt as we can safely in the future.
If you have questions, contact Lori Simpson Keller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For youth, please join Killearn Student Ministries on Sundays at 6 PM for Sunday Night Live, and Wednesdays for K Groups (small groups) at 6 PM. The Bridge, for 5th and 6th graders, meets at 10 AM on Sundays.
- I'm not comfortable worshipping on campus yet. Will there still be online worship?
Yes! We encourage you to continue to join with us in worship online at 8 AM and 10 AM. Your participation is important. We are a family no matter where we are!